Where Have I Been?

Friday, January 08, 2016

It's been a while since the last time I wrote on here.

The last thing I wrote was Day 25 - Identify Your Stress Triggers as a part of my 30 Day Minimalism Challenge. On day 25 I wrote about how I was stressed about my job situation. I had been feeling that way since I moved back home because I was unhappy with where I was at. It seemed that everyone I knew had a job after college, but I was still here applying for so many jobs that I never heard back from. I was getting frustrated, confused, and sad with the situation.

"It's really disheartening knowing that you apply and don't receive anything."

I kept that post short because as I was writing I had a breakdown. The only thing I could concentrate on was the fact that I was still unemployed. At the time I was applying for journalism related jobs because that was what I majored in. It wasn't really want I wanted to do, but I was getting frustrated and kept applying because I wanted a job. But during my breakdown I felt I wasn't a good writer. I felt stupid even applying for those type of jobs. I got so frustrated that right then and there I decided that I was going to stop writing. I stopped pursuing journalism and I quit this blog. I had a little Rory Gilmore moment. That's the reason I didn't finish my challenge and haven't written anything since then. I needed all my time and concentration to figure out what I was going to do next.

After that things started to look up. In the past three months I decided to pursue public relations as a career because I didn't have to start my skills and experience from scratch. I felt I could be in many different work environments with public relations. I ended up getting a part time job doing Marketing and Public Relations for a company that caters to renewable energy solutions.

Everything was good up until a couple weeks ago where I started to dislike my job. Although I liked what I was doing, I didn't like the work environment. I realized that marketing is something I want to pursue, but I wasn't happy with the company. I was starting to feel how I felt a couple months ago: frustrated. I've been applying for new jobs, but they haven't been what I'm looking for.

During my free time when I'm not applying for jobs, there has been a voice telling me to start writing again. I don't know what direction my life is going in, but I know every step and decision I make will ultimately lead me to what I'm suppose to do with my life. I just have to take each day one at a time and work my hardest in the moment I am right now. This low point is just the start of my next great adventure.

As of today my hiatus is over. I am going to start blogging again and not just post sad topics like I did when I first started this blog. I want to share happy and personal moments of my life. I hope in some way with every entry I post they can inspire someone somewhere.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images