Fashion

Saturday, April 26, 2014

I've been bad and haven't updated this in a while. When I started this blog I've made it my goal to write a new post at least once a week; more if I felt inspired to write about something in particular. The reason I haven't been doing that for a while is that I wasn't inspired to write. My life has been going through the same routine and my creativity has dwindled because of it. I didn't want to post something on here that would be garbage because I didn't put my passion into it, but merely to fulfill a quota I set up. But something that I have become passionate about besides traveling and studying abroad, that has inspired my life in a different way is fashion.

Fashion has always been something that I have liked. In high school I got really into the beauty community on YouTube. I loved watching Juicystar07 do her makeup and show the clothes she bought in her haul videos. As I got older, I still liked watching these videos. However, I didn't see the necessity to watch as many makeup videos. Makeup was something that I didn't really wear as much as these girls on YouTube. I didn't see the need to put on a full face of makeup every single day. That doesn't mean I don't like and use makeup, I do and am a strong believer of using it to bring out your natural features. But I wanted to be my natural self and didn't see makeup as a way to express myself.

I then started watching fashion videos, in particular Cutiepiemarzia's. There was something different about watching fashion instead of makeup. Fashion seemed more creative and natural. These people showed how they can take clothing that anyone can buy and use it to express their personalities. I still watch these videos now and I didn't realize why I continued to do so. I took me a while to realize that fashion is important to me. I see these videos as inspiration on not only what to wear, but how to wear something that I already own and use it to express myself. Marzia in particular has showed me that you don't necessarily need to follow trends, but to know what your style is and be comfortable expressing who are through your clothes.

This quarter I decided to take LJ103 Fashion and Celebrity. It fit in my schedule and was a class I needed for my major. Honestly, I didn't know if I would like it or not. I never considered myself a fashionable person and had no interest in celebrities. But surprisingly, this has became my favorite class this quarter. I originally though that this class was going to focus on how to be fashionable and physical aesthetics. But it has to deal more with reading about fashion and what the industry really is. The class has allowed me to think about something that affects us every single day. I find it fascinating.

Fashion has always been a part of my life one way or another. But now is the time that I'm realizing that perhaps it's something that I should pursue. And although I may not know as much as other people in regards to fashion and style, this is something that I am willing to learn more about. Although I might encounter obstacles along the way, I won't let others discourage me and will continue to pursue this new dream of mine. At the moment I want to pursue fashion journalism and am currently in the process of becoming an intern for an online fashion publication. This is something I've become very passionate about and I'm excited to see where it will go.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images