Day 12 - Define Your Goals For This Year

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Since graduating, I haven't given much thought to my goals. When I was in uni I would make a list of the goals I wanted to accomplish each quarter. I would write the goals out and hang them over my bed. At the end of the quarter - to my surprise - I ended up accomplishing all of them. Therefore, I'm a big believer in writing out goals because then you're more likely to accomplish them.

1. Get a job
2. Become an adult
3. Live of life of compassion

I've talked a lot about getting a job, but I need to change the way in which I apply for a job. Applying for one job application isn't going to cut it. I need to put a lot of effort into this and treat job searching like a job. I need to wake up every single morning applying for at least two jobs. After applying for the jobs, I need to practice for an interview. I'm going to be awkward and pretend my cat is interviewing me that way I'm prepared for whatever question comes my way.

When we turn 18 we are legally adults and for many of us we feel age is the only factor in becoming that. To be honest we're not, at least I wasn't an adult at 18.  To me an adult is someone who is financially responsible and no longer dependent of their parents. I want to be able to take care of my own finances, establish credit, and pay off my student loans. I want to feel accomplished and proud of myself.

For the third goal, I didn't really know what to put. I just thought what is something that I would be exited and very passionate to do. I chose to live a life of compassion. A lot of time we're too busy living and thinking about ourselves that we forget about everything and everyone else. I neglect to give my thoughts an actions to our planet, who needs to be taken better care of. I neglect to think about all the animals suffering at the hands of humans.  I neglect to think of all the people on the planet suffering. I want to start living a life where my actions have a positive impact. This might sound cheesy, but I want to change the world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images