Day 18 - Unfollow and Unfriend

Sunday, September 20, 2015

On Friday I deleted quite a bit of people from Facebook. To be honest, I was kind of excited for this task. I would scroll through my newsfeed and would find the strangest and oddest things from people who I went to high school with. I usually don't delete people from my social media accounts unless they're an ex I never want to see or hear from again, or someone really annoying whose constantly writing pointless statuses.

For this process I went through a couple categories on how to determine who I deleted.

1. Is this person my friend? If not I deleted them.
2. Do I talk to this person? If I haven't spoken to this person in four years and I have no intention of doing so, I deleted them.
3. Have I ever had a good time with this person and have no animosity towards them. If not I kept them

As I was looking through my friends and thinking about my list it became easy. One by one I started deleting people who I knew I wouldn't miss. Once I started I couldn't stop. Delete, delete, delete. I ended up deleting 65 people, which is a lot for me.

Deleting people is hard because now friendship is measured on who follows who on social media. People get hurt if you delete them. It's kind of the new way of cutting people out of your life, but it shouldn't have to be that way. We should be allowed to be friends with someone and not have them on our social media accounts. I personally don't want everyone looking at my information, just people who I'm close to. I don't regret my decision at all.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images