Day 4 - No-Complaint Day

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Yesterday was actually easier than I expected it would be. Since I've been back in Irvine, I've been given the chance to spend time with my really good friend Gaby, who I haven't really seen in two months. As we spent our day together, I made a conscious effort to not complain for the whole day.

I'm actually in the process of moving permanently back home. As I'm packing up all my stuff from my college apartment, I'm also trying to get rid of furniture I don't need anymore, so I put them up for sale on Facebook. One girl wanted to buy my mattress for $20; I immediately refused and complained. When I did so, I realized what I was feeling. A lot of the time when we feel things we don't process what's going on and continue acting that way. It was a strange feeling for me to analyze my thoughts and actions. I knew I couldn't complain, so instead of making a big deal all I said was no. It's so easy for us as humans to complain without giving it much though and not really make an effort to stop.

As the rest of my day went, I kept repeating to myself, "no-complaint day." It got easier. I accompanied Gaby to go see an apartment she might be moving in. After that we went to Cauldron Ice Cream and tried their famous puffle waffle. The ice cream was good. I got cereal and milk which had frosted flakes on top, but the puffle was really filling and I got a food coma. I don't think I would ever go back just because it was a bit expensive. With the thought of going out and not spending much money, we went to the $2 movie theatre and saw Terminator Genisys. I've never seen a terminator movie, so I highly enjoyed it.

I ended up not complaining for the majority of the day. I think it really has to do with surrounding yourself with good company and doing fun things.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images