Day 14 - Take A Step Towards Learning A New Skill

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Yesterday I was suppose to take the time to learn a new skill. I ended up not doing it because I couldn't think of anything I wanted to learn. I thought that new skills required investing money into it, but that isn't the case.

Cooking has always been something that I've wanted to learn, so today I asked my mom to teach me how to cook. For lunch today she made a red soup with rice, fish, and shrimp. My aunt made me this when I was in Mexico and I loved it! My mom asked her how to make it and she got the recipe. Even thought my mom was teaching me, this was her first time making the soup too.

To my surprise cooking isn't very hard. The trouble I have with it is that when I'm hungry I'm impatient and don't want to wait. Instead of making myself something I'd rather heat up frozen food. I also don't know how to make a lot of things from memory. I really rely on recipes and cookbooks, which I don't really like.

The soup turned out good. I thought it needed a little bit more salt just because I really like salty food. I think I'm going to keep on learning how to cook and help my mom out in the kitchen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images