Day 6 - Follow A Morning Ritual

Sunday, September 06, 2015

The first thing I do when I wake up is check my social media accounts. I'll go on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Youtube, but today I decided not to do that. Since I'm back in Irvine moving, I couldn't do everything that I would like to do in a morning routine. If I was back at home I would, meditate, spend time with my cat, make a cup of tea, eat breakfast, and take a shower. Instead, in my half moved college apartment I grabbed a chair and sat on the patio to meditate. The whole year I lived here I've only gone out to the patio to do laundry, but as I sat there all I could see where these bright green trees with no cars in sight. It was quite beautiful.

Last night in my dream my ex was in it. I had messaged him to meet me, he did, and deleted me, kind of like what happened in real life. The dream bothered me and as I was meditating I noticed my brain would always wander off thinking about it. Meditating made me realize how the thought of him is something I think about and bothers me. At the end of my session, when I opened my eyes and saw the trees, I felt calm and at ease.

I hope the rest of the day will be felt like that. I will be moving, packing, and eating In-N-Out with Gaby.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images