Single, Ready To Mingle?

Friday, September 04, 2015


About a couple months ago I wrote a post called: Why I'm Single and I basically gave a list of the reasons as to why I've chosen to stay single. When I wrote that post I didn't lie, but for the past year and a half I was seeing someone. However, I recently went through a break up and breakups are the worst thing in the world. You're sad, you cry, and you feel hopeless, or at least that's how I felt. I felt really hurt and that's why I included that quote from Ernest Hemingway and decided to write about it.

It was very hard for me because I was emotionally attached to this person for a long time and all of a sudden it was over. I knew I was never going to speak or see this person every again. Even though we weren't together for a long time, we had been friends for four years and he was one of the first friends I met at UCI. Losing someone is hard because it doesn't happen every day. I think that's what made me really sad, knowing that I would never see someone that was a part in my life for a long time.

Yesterday I was really sad, but I have amazing friends who helped me feel better and told me exactly what I needed to hear. Once I started feeling better and stopped crying, there were so many other things that were running through my mind such as: what am I going to do now, am I ready to date again, am I ready for a relationship? To be honest I don't really know, but instead of asking myself these questions, perhaps I should focus on myself.

Right now, I really need to find a job, start my career, and my life. This is now the perfect time to work on myself and get my life together, but just because I'm doing that doesn't mean I'm not open to dating. If I meet someone amazing I'm not going to limit myself. I can't control what happens, I just need to live in the moment and be honest with myself. Dating isn't the priority, but if that ends up happening then it's fine.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I have to give myself my best chance.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images